By Angeles Alvarino, Joan M. Wojtan, M. Rachel Martinez(auth.)
About The Product
Published by way of the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Antarctic learn Series.
The distribution of Siphonophora of the Antarctic, Subantarctic, and adjoining areas of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans is defined. Specimens for this examine have been bought through the usa Antarctic examine application from USNS Eltanin cruises 3-5, 8-23, 25-28, 35, and 38 in the course of spring, summer season, fall, and iciness. Samples have been gathered from 1962 to 1969, utilizing open-closing and nonclosing plankton nets. info is compiled on horizontal distributions of siphonophores within the South Atlantic Ocean west of 0°. Illustrations of the species, and maps of distribution on the 3 bathymetric degrees, also are integrated. furthermore, information on Eltanin cruise 30 are provided, protecting in most cases the Pacific tropical quarter throughout the summer season, with a few stations under the equator (austral winter). Vertical distributions of every species are mentioned for the 3 bathymetric zones: epipelagic (200-0 m), mesopelagic (1000-200 m), and bathypelagic (below one thousand m). lifestyles levels and differences due to the season also are thought of. 80 species of Siphonophora have been pointed out in those collections. between those, and defined in other places, have been 5 new species: Lensia eltanin, L. eugenioi, L. landrumae, Heteropyramis alcala, and Thalassophyes ferrarii. The eudoxid phases of L. lelouveteau and L. reticulata have been additionally chanced on. furthermore, the next infrequent Siphonophora species have been amassed: Halistemma cupulifera, Desmophyes annectens, Lilyopsis rosea, Eudoxia macra, Lensia achilles, L. baryi, L. exeter, L. grimaldii, L. hostile, Nectocarmen antonioi, and Clausophyes galeata. the commonest species of the Antarctic?]Subantarctic zone throughout the 4 seasons was once Dimophyes arctica. The eudoxid phases of Chelophyes appendiculata, Diphyes dispar, Diphyopsis mitra, Clausophyes ovata, and Heteropyramis maculata have been plentiful.
Read Online or Download Antarctic Siphonophores from Plankton Samples of the United States Antarctic Research Program: Eltanin Cruises for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter (Cruises 3-5, 8-23, 25-28, 30, 35, and 38) PDF
Best research books
* First of its type, guaranteed to set the traditional for destiny psychology reference works. * offers psychologists, practitioners, researchers, and scholars with whole and up to date info at the box of psychology. * Twelve volumes conceal the entire basic parts of data within the box.
The so-called boundary point equipment BEM, i. e. finite point approxima tions of boundary critical equations were enhanced lately much more vividly then ever prior to and located a few extraordinary aid by way of the German learn origin DFG within the simply accomplished precedence study software "boundary aspect equipment" .
The institution of nationwide platforms of retrospective examine reviews is likely one of the most important of contemporary adjustments within the governance of technological know-how. in lots of nations, kingdom makes an attempt to control public technology structures and enhance their caliber have brought on the institutionalisation of such platforms, which differ tremendously of their equipment of assessing learn functionality, and effects for universities.
- Silicon Integrated Circuits: Advances in Materials and Device Research
- Impact of Information Society Research in the Global South
- The Internationalisation of Research and Development by Multinational Enterprises
- Academic Scientists at Work: Navigating the Biomedical Research Career
Extra resources for Antarctic Siphonophores from Plankton Samples of the United States Antarctic Research Program: Eltanin Cruises for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter (Cruises 3-5, 8-23, 25-28, 30, 35, and 38)
48. Lensia eugenioiAlvarifio and Wojtan, 1984. A, superiornectophore;B, inferiornectophore[from Alvarifio andWojtan, 1984a]. In winter, L. eugenioipolygastricstagesappearedin relativelylow concentration in the epipelagiczonenorthof the South Georgia island (Map A157) and in the mesopelagiclayers in the same area south of the South Georgiaisland(Map A158). Lensia exeter Totton, 1941 LensiaexeterTotton, 1941 (Figure49), a rare species, haspreviouslybeenobservedonly in the Atlanticoff South tions in the mesopelagiclayers appearedin relatively low concentrations in the westernpart of theBellingshausen Sea area(Map A160).
Antarctica was found only in the study, the data suggesta circumpolardistributionfor D. epipelagiclayers,extendingin low concentrations off Chile arctica. This specieswasmoreprevalentin the epipelagic and southof the GreatAustralianBight into the regionof andmesopelagic layersthanin thebathypelagic zone. WilkesLandin Antarctica(Map 26 ANTARCTIC A SIPHONOPHORES B Fig. 36. DipbyesantarcticaMoser, 1925. A, superiornectophore; B, inferiornectophore; C, eudoxid[from Alvarifto, 1981a]. Records in the South Atlantic are from northwest of the Tristan da Cunha group and more abundantlyfrom the regionof the SouthG•rgia and Falklandislands(Map B31).
Multidentataoccurredin the mesopelagic andbathypelagiclayers. The polygastricform occurredin low numbersin the mesopelagiczone, off the BellingshausenSea and southwestof South Island, New three isolated locations: off the tip of the Antarctic Peninsula;off the BellingshausenSea; and southwestof South Island, New Zealand, and north of the Tasman Sea (Map A199). C. multidentata was observed in the fall in the mesopelagiclayers. Relatively low concentrationsof polygastricstagesappearedin theBellingshausen Sea (Map A200).